PDA

View Full Version : Fighters on the rise

Keegman
04-13-2011, 02:21 AM
Who do you think is next big thing in there division.
HW- Matt '' Meat Head'' Mitrone is putting some good win together and has good hands.
LHW-Phil Davis is just a LHW GSP
MW-Rousimar Palhares is always a big threat at MW
WW-Rory MacDonald and Claude Patrick should both have great careers and look to have potential
LW- Edson Barboza, the guy looked crazy good in his last fight.

What is your up in coming fighters in each division?

vikingpride
04-13-2011, 02:30 AM
Honestly Barboza underwhelmed a bit in his fight with Anthony. He looked good early, but looked to tire out or something and Anthony came back to win the second round and arguably the 3rd. Had it not been for that crazy kick at the end i'm sure he would have gotten the Decision.

To continue your list with all weight classes i'd go with the following.

FW-Koch has been straight running through fighters as of late. And the only blemish on his record is a loss vs the Human blanket Mendes.

BW- Michael McDonald, kid looks really good and he is only a kid at just 20 years old. Keep an eye out for him since he'll likely be getting on main cards after his last performance roped him FOTN.

joemag
04-13-2011, 02:45 AM
Definitely McDonald, he was fun to watch. So was Figueroa, but I don't think he is as skilled (though he will put on some really fun fights).

Dustin Poirier was a pleasant surprise at FW. Nunes also has a nice streak going, but I think he has passed prospect status.

LW is tough since most of the former prospects (Dunham, eg) have recently lost. Need to think about it.

WW - I think Ellenberger will do well, but I don't know how he will do against top 5.

Actually, I need to think about this a lot more before I go into LW and above. Are we talking prospects here or fighters that are going to go on some serious win streaks? I am really interested in who to look out for, so those of you with the inside info should share the wealth.

Lotus
04-13-2011, 03:08 AM
waiting for the scarecrow to put an ass whippin on his opponent at 129 lookin forward to seein him move up the ranks.

http://img.mixedmartialarts.com/method=get&s=pablo-garza-fredson-paixao.gif

Thaispider
04-13-2011, 06:33 AM
waiting for the scarecrow to put an ass whippin on his opponent at 129 lookin forward to seein him move up the ranks.

http://img.mixedmartialarts.com/method=get&s=pablo-garza-fredson-paixao.gif

whoa whoa whoa the scarecrow is my nickname, albioet its in portugese but WTF. if he wants to fight make him come at me bro!!

nah but for realz Koch has looked like a very tough guy, mcdonald's rory and micheal looked good.

wafb
04-13-2011, 09:53 AM
After Renan Barao beats Mighty Mouse people will start talking about him.

MKZ
04-13-2011, 02:10 PM
Phil Davis, Renan Barao, Ben Askren, Michael Chandler, Pitbull Brothers, Lukasz Sajewski, Randy Couture, Shane Del Rosario, Guram Gugenishvili and Magomed Sultankhmedov just off top of my head. I'm talking more about the fighters that are really one the rise, but I guess you can include Tyron Woodley on that list still.

cwutididdur?

vikingpride
04-13-2011, 02:40 PM
Phil Davis, Renan Barao, Ben Askren, Michael Chandler, Pitbull Brothers, Lukasz Sajewski, Randy Couture, Shane Del Rosario, Guram Gugenishvili and Magomed Sultankhmedov just off top of my head. I'm talking more about the fighters that are really one the rise, but I guess you can include Tyron Woodley on that list still.

cwutididdur?

where in the UFC section bro, so half of those names shouldn't be included. haha

I agree this should have been a thread in the general MMA section though.

MKZ
04-13-2011, 06:03 PM
UFC is MMA. You didnt know that ?

wafb
04-13-2011, 07:22 PM
UFC is MMA. You didnt know that ?

I'm glad that you finally admitted that Japanese MMA is nothing but a boring version of WWE.

Norway1
04-13-2011, 10:27 PM
Barboza went into his last fight with something close to fullblown AIDS so i think he did very well. Add Claude Patrick and Barao to that list.