PDA

View Full Version : Diego Sanchez May Die In There.

Damone
02-13-2012, 02:06 AM
Diego is a legit crazy as they come, and he was close to dying in the Kampmann fight (Holy shit, his face!). He looked like a bloody jigsaw puzzle afterwards.

He's coming off a long lay-off and is fighting a total killer in the Juggernaut. See, Jake's a wrestler, but he doesn't really play that boring, stalling shit. He likes to KO fools.

Diego really isn't the fighter he once was, what with his poorly set-up takedowns and his love for horrid boxing. He used to be a machine, that used his wrestling to take fools down and beat them down. He looked good against Paulo Thiago, but Paulo sucks after the first round. Sanchez really has no way to win this fight except weathering the nasty onslaught (Which Condit barely did, and Condit is a way better fighter and has a way better chin). A 155'er was able to smack Sanchez down with ease (Granted, BJ is GREAT), and he was knocked down against Kampmann, who doesn't have power.

Poor Diego. I really like the guy, but don't think he's making it out of the second round. I'm hoping he proves me wrong, as I have always been a fan, but Ellenberger is on another level.

You know how powerful Ellenberger is?

He KO'ed Shields, who is VERY tough to finish.

Killed Pele, a legend and great striker.

Made Pierson do the Flair Flop off one glancing blow.

Almost KO'ed Condit multiple times.

Made Pyle flop down.

Is this the fight where Diego actually gets slapped smart?

Discuss.

randyspankstito
02-13-2012, 02:08 AM
Lol at the flair flop

bail3yz
02-13-2012, 02:13 AM
Ellenberger is a beast, but im not convinced hes going to stop diego.. diego is super tough

I could see it happening, but dont really know if its anymore likely than decision

Think Green
02-13-2012, 02:17 AM
Condit has a way better chin than Diego? Not sure I agree.

randyspankstito
02-13-2012, 02:19 AM

What about better dancer?

Thaispider
02-13-2012, 02:24 AM
Juggernaut via Donkey Smash

Think Green
02-13-2012, 02:30 AM
What about better dancer?

I'll give you that one. Diego is the better gymnast though.

vikingpride
02-13-2012, 03:58 AM
Diego is a legit nutcase though and will just continue to push forward (and miss on multiple wild punches). And i could easily see him letting Ellenberger tire himself out by meeting Ellenbergers hands with his head and face on multiple occasions. And then doing enough with TD's and generally craziness to win the action late. The only real problem will be that Diego needs to find a way to either win the second along with the third or finish in the 3rd. With the later being super tough because of Diegos lack of finishing skill.

I think this may go to a decision, and may even get split just because Diego will win the 3rd and some idiot judge will think he won the second too.

steph05050
02-13-2012, 09:32 AM
I think this will be a good close fight if it goes to decision. Too hard to pick really..hmmm...might be leaning slightly towards Diego but I can see it either way.

JT42
02-13-2012, 10:39 AM
I am real excited for this one. Diego has been one of my favorite fighters for a long time and even though he is bat-shit crazy, he is fun to watch. Would love for him to pull off the win and if he gets back to his scrambley roots he might be able to do it but Ellenberger is a beast. Jake is awesome to watch and is really tough everywhere so this will be a real test for Sanchez. Just hope it ends up being a war.

Damone
02-13-2012, 03:49 PM

Well, maybe I looked more into defense rather than chin with that one. Carlos has solid defense, being a kickboxer. Diego has no defense, and has ate some HARD shots (Hathaway knee, for example).

Think Green
02-13-2012, 03:59 PM
Well, maybe I looked more into defense rather than chin with that one. Carlos has solid defense, being a kickboxer. Diego has no defense, and has ate some HARD shots (Hathaway knee, for example).

Oh yes, Carlos definitely has better defense. Diego really doesn't have any defense. He used to have his curly hair...that was a good first line of defense. He should bring that back.

MKZ
02-13-2012, 04:17 PM
Diego is getting lit up something fierce. Any chin has to give up one day, and I think this friday is when Diego's will give up. Fuck all that "Dream" bullshit, bring back Diego who went to war with Diaz and Karo.

e-thug
02-13-2012, 08:21 PM
The Juggernaut is gonna unleash some glorious pain.

I think he may have Sanchez in trouble on multiple occasions but not sold that he will be able to put him away....Ellenberger is probably the heaviest hitter that Sanchez has been in with though.

FunkYou
02-14-2012, 04:34 AM
Ellenberger will win via suspicious back acne.