PDA

View Full Version : Thales Leites: ‘I can get that belt’ from Anderson Silva at UFC 97

bleSs
03-18-2009, 01:31 PM
“At the last WEC, I was there with my friend Jose Aldo, I was in his corner and I met Joe Silva. He came up to me and said ‘congratulations for your title shot’ and that when I continued to fight on after taking that illegal knee from Marquardt, at that moment, he thought ‘this kid deserves a title shot’…. It’s the biggest opportunity of my life. I know I am in the position now that everyone would like to be in. In my mind, I see a good fight. If I have to fight him in the stand-up then I will, and if he has to fight on the ground with me, I know he will fight me on the ground — that’s what makes it an interesting fight. He has a lot of skills, but he is not unbeatable; he is a man, like everyone else. I feel good. I don’t mind if people call me the underdog, if people don’t believe in me. The most important thing for me is that I believe in me, my family, my coach, my team. If they believe, I can do whatever I want. I have been training a long time for this. Something inside me tells me that I can do this. I will get out of that cage with the belt, no matter what happens. I can beat him, he can beat me; it will be a huge fight. But I believe I can get that belt.”

Source-http://mmamania.com/

Malky
03-18-2009, 01:46 PM
I'm really eager for this fight. I have to pick Anderson I mean how can you not, but I have a feeling his reign will come to an end at least brieflly.

JT42
03-18-2009, 11:22 PM
Sorry Thales but I cant agree with you here. Everyone always has a shot but I dont see him being the one to dethrone Silva.

It is interesting that Joe Silva said that to him though. Shows they really appreciate guys trying to put on a good show and they reward it...eventually

Walker
03-18-2009, 11:25 PM
It's good that Leites realizes Anderson is a man but I really don't think he has a shot in this fight. I'll keep my fingers crossed for a Anderson win followed by a Okami win over Miller to set up that match-up. Yushin could get screwed out of it easily but I will always hold out hope for that rematch.

DRAGON
03-18-2009, 11:28 PM
Yeahh...I don't see Leites winning this one. Silva ftw.