www.fightlockdown.com

Go Back   FightLockdown.com MMA Forum > Non-Mixed Martial Arts > Graphics Showroom > GFX Portfolios & Tutorials
Reload this Page Miles Hackett's Film and Photography Portfolio

GFX Portfolios & Tutorials A place to showoff all your works!

Old 06-02-2010, 07:18 PM   #21
plazzman
No PRϟDE No Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilesHackett View Post
Title: "Doggy In the Window"

Subject(s): My dog, Buffy.

Notes: Every day at around 5pm, my dog climbs onto the couch arm and sits there, waiting for my parents to come home from work. She looks incredibly intense and fixated, so I figured why not take a shot? The dog looking through the window at the free world is kind of a sad image, don't you think? This was taken on my Blackberry Bold.

Title: "The Living Oil Painting"

Subject(s): Pastel houses alongside the water.

Notes: The way the water reflected the beautiful colored villas inspired me to take this photograph. It almost looks like the water and the colors are from a Renoir painting.

---------- Post added at 11:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 PM ----------

Haha, thanks. The camera is old, I would like to get a new one when I can afford it.. preferably non-digital though.
Love the dog one.

Also, Im a HUGE fan of 35mm, but they're such a hassle and way too expensive to maintain. Luckily, alot of the new digitals will now do what 35's did. When you're ready (and willing to come to Toronto to get it) let me know and I'll get you a serious one

plazzman is offline   Share topic on Facebook!
Old 06-02-2010, 09:12 PM   #22
MilesHackett
Too. Much. Swag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plazzman View Post
Love the dog one.

Also, Im a HUGE fan of 35mm, but they're such a hassle and way too expensive to maintain. Luckily, alot of the new digitals will now do what 35's did. When you're ready (and willing to come to Toronto to get it) let me know and I'll get you a serious one
Thanks man, much appreciated! I love photography, nice to be able to share the passion with someone else.
Old 06-03-2010, 04:44 PM   #23
philivey2k8
[Lifetime Member]

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilesHackett View Post
Yeah, the problem is that there was no technical training in my university program. I can talk all day about analysis and film theory, but I don't know how to use industry standard equipment and software which would be key to getting me a job.
would you consider enrolling in film at a college that's all hands on? i know it's more money, but that'll give you the hands on stuff.

Quote:
I'm currently in the post-production stage with a film I've been working on for a couple years now, which I'm hoping to exhibit at a few film festivals around Ontario. I just want to meet people and hopefully build some contacts, which will hopefully come in handy later.
post it here when your'e done man, i'd like to see it.

Quote:
I wish I excelled at something more practical than art lol.
there's nothing wrong with it, but the fuckers that run every university should have a disclaimer saying "WARNING! this is not a practical degree that you're enrolling in". i love film myself and i really wanted to take it but i chose not to because it wasn't practical. then i chose another useless degree when i enrolled in psychology. lol

fuckers just want our money, cause 80% of all university degrees are impractical.

Last edited by philivey2k8; 06-03-2010 at 05:24 PM.
philivey2k8 is offline   Share topic on Facebook!
Old 06-05-2010, 10:31 AM   #24
Jack

Nice work there Hackbot, really liking "Frozen In a Slice of Life" especially. Even though it's in Italy, for some reason it immediately made me think of Smoke, where Keitel takes a photo from across the street every day.

You use a DSLR for all of these, or just a point and shoot for some?
Old 06-22-2010, 10:46 PM   #25
MilesHackett
Too. Much. Swag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by philivey2k8 View Post
would you consider enrolling in film at a college that's all hands on? i know it's more money, but that'll give you the hands on stuff.
I have considered going to Humber and Sheridan for a hands-on post-grad program, but I've been hesitant because I already have an enormous debt from university. It's still an option I would consider though, but at this time I figure I will stick with what I know, produce films, show them at festivals, and network from there. I really want to build some good contacts, they can make the difference between getting somewhere and getting nowhere lol.

Quote:
post it here when your'e done man, i'd like to see it.
Thanks, I definitely will. 2 years for 20 or so minutes of film.. better end up good lol. Hoping to debut it at the big local film festival in september.

Quote:
there's nothing wrong with it, but the fuckers that run every university should have a disclaimer saying "WARNING! this is not a practical degree that you're enrolling in". i love film myself and i really wanted to take it but i chose not to because it wasn't practical. then i chose another useless degree when i enrolled in psychology. lol

fuckers just want our money, cause 80% of all university degrees are impractical.
Yeah, it's really true. I don't feel too bad about it because everyone I know who went to university is in the same boat as me, working some temporary shit job. The only ones that ended up with career-related jobs took business-related courses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
Nice work there Hackbot, really liking "Frozen In a Slice of Life" especially. Even though it's in Italy, for some reason it immediately made me think of Smoke, where Keitel takes a photo from across the street every day.
Fucking LOVE Smoke, watched it for the first time in my "Film and the Photographic Image" course in first year.. classic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
You use a DSLR for all of these, or just a point and shoot for some?
I use DSLR for all of them, I have a fetish for framing, so I need to see exactly what I'm shooting.

Here's a recent image I took at work on my BlackBerry Bold:

Quote:
Title: "Raymond and the Rainy Day "

Subject(s): Our parking lot during torrential rain/flooding, a co-worker pushing carts.

Notes: Went outside to check out to take a break and saw Raymond (this weird older guy at work pushing carts through our flooded parking lot, figured it would make for a somewhat bleak, depressive image. I liked how sterile the tones of the image ended up, especially with regard to the silhouettes, and I liked the textured qualities of the picture too.