www.fightlockdown.com

Go Back   FightLockdown.com MMA Forum > Mixed Martial Arts > Training and Nutrition
Reload this Page Revolver's Training and Nutrition Log (from pole to swoll)

Training and Nutrition Discuss training tips, techniques and share nutritional information here.

Old 05-07-2012, 10:07 AM   #411
TheRevolver
WE COMIN' FO YOU NIGGA

Yeah man, just getting through the grind everyday, it's as simple as that. It's been easier for me this year since I'm out of school currently doing an semester to year long co-op as an engineer so I have more time to dedicate to training.

My strength progression is starting to stagnate tho since I'm shifting more-so towards volume as I'm more about sculpting my physique nowadays. Still trying to lift as heavy as I can under the given circumstances nonetheless.

Last edited by TheRevolver; 05-07-2012 at 10:15 AM.
TheRevolver is offline   Share topic on Facebook!
Old 05-07-2012, 12:03 PM   #412
Gallows
In GGG we trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRevolver View Post
Yeah man, just getting through the grind everyday, it's as simple as that. It's been easier for me this year since I'm out of school currently doing an semester to year long co-op as an engineer so I have more time to dedicate to training.

My strength progression is starting to stagnate tho since I'm shifting more-so towards volume as I'm more about sculpting my physique nowadays. Still trying to lift as heavy as I can under the given circumstances nonetheless.
I found I was starting to really enjoy the volume. Certainly started to see a bit of a difference in the mirror. Also less injuries. I found it easy going from 5x10-12 of one set, into the next, and then into the next with time being my only limiting factor. Strictly high end strength exercises I find especially tiring, which is funny because that's my new training focus.
Gallows is offline   Share topic on Facebook!
Old 05-07-2012, 01:20 PM   #413
TheRevolver
WE COMIN' FO YOU NIGGA

Definitely, I was all for heavy low-rep lifts months ago and even advocated for it but the truth of the matter is, strength and physique correlate only to a certain extent. And frankly, I've found that heavy lifting on a regular basis just isn't the smartest way to get there. TBH, the only reason I'm still squatting so much and even deadlifting is a lot for strength. That and the fact that we don't have a leg press machine at the company gym.
Old 05-07-2012, 08:45 PM   #414
TheRevolver
WE COMIN' FO YOU NIGGA

Default 05/07/12 Legs and Lower Body

High Bar ATG Squats w/ Olympic Thick Bar

Bar x 12
140 lbs x 12
140 lbs x 12
+ belt
230 lbs x 12
250 lbs x 9
250 lbs x 9
250 lbs x 7
230 lbs x 5

Squatted w/ a belt the whole time today, just didn't want to risk straining my back since the volume was going to be high. Probably wasn't a good idea to squat in the first place since I had just attempted PR's yesterday but hell, I just love to squat . It's really a love-hate relationship tho lol.

I could have done more reps on the last set but my wheels were already to the point of exhaustion, meh.

Lever Seated Leg Extensions

120 lbs x 12
135 lbs x 10
135 lbs x 10
135 lbs x 10
135 lbs x 10

These sucked...but not as much as what is about to follow...

Lever Lying Leg Curls

80 lbs x 10
80 lbs x 10
80 lbs x 10

Lever Seated Calf Extensions

150 lbs x 30
190 lbs x 18
190 lbs x 18
190 lbs x 15
190 lbs x 18 + 11

Post-Workout Shake: 24+ g of gemma-pea protein, 10+ g of BCAA, tbsp of creatine, 1+ cup of blueberries, banana, 1+ cup of oats, orange juice, and soy milk.

Felt pretty shitty today, I got a fast start as the AC was off in the gym (and it has been since last week) so it didn't take long at all to warm-up. Probably wasn't a good idea to hit legs the day after ....legs lol, not if you are looking to to get the maximum output possible. But I just wanted to get legs over with for this week .
Old 05-08-2012, 07:43 PM   #415
TheRevolver
WE COMIN' FO YOU NIGGA

Default 05/08/12 Chest and Triceps

Flat BB Bench Press w/ Olympic Thick Bar

Bar x 30
140 lbs x 18
140 lbs x 12
210 lbs x 9
210 lbs x 7
210 lbs x 6
210 lbs x 6
5+ min break talking...:/

Resume...
210 lbs x 9
210 lbs x 7
190 lbs x 8

Felt pretty good overall, was drawn into a conversion with a girl about her dog so that killed my momentum lol. Triceps felt fresh overall, no pain or anything of that sort so we're good .

Incline Smith Bench Press

140 lbs x 10
160 lbs x 7
160 lbs x 7
140 lbs x 7

Needed these as I feel that my upper pecs are lacking and for extra mileage on my triceps.

Incline Seated DB Flies

30 lbs x 10 on both sides
30 lbs x 10
30 lbs x 10

Haven't done these in forever, felt good!

Incline Lever Seated Flies

120 lbs x 10

Lever Seated Arm Extensions

70 lbs x 8
70 lbs x 8

Post-workout: a banana and a tiny egg and tuna salad.

T'was overall a very productive session tonight, definitely feel like I did more than enough work on my chest and tri's. I might even take a day off tomorrow but we shall see .
Old 05-09-2012, 08:50 PM   #416
TheRevolver
WE COMIN' FO YOU NIGGA

Default 05/09/12 Back

Deadlifts (warm-up)

140 lbs x 12
140 lbs x 12

Decided to forego DL's for this week, honestly believe I would have injured myself if I did. My legs were hurting, and arms were already sore as a mofo. It would have been disastrous if I even tried to pull anything over 200 lbs today. So I just went ahead with strictly upper body .

Standing Strict Bent-Over BB Rows w/ Olympic Thick Bar

140 lbs x 16
140 lbs x 12
160 lbs x 10
190 lbs x 5
160 lbs x 10
160 lbs x 9

Assisted Pull-Ups
Wide grip

40 lbs x 8
40 lbs x 8
40 lbs x 8
40 lbs x 7...form near the end went to shit
60 lbs x 8

Standing Strict Bent-Over DB Rows

50 lbs x 12 on both sides
60 lbs x 10
60 lbs x 10
60 lbs x 8
60 lbs x 7

Form was starting to go to shit on the last 2 sets near the very end which is I stopped at 7-8.

Lever Seated Lateral Pull-Downs

170 lbs x 10
190 lbs x 8
190 lbs x 8

Post-Workout Shake: 24+ g of gemma-pea protein, 10+ g of BCAA, tbsp of creatine, banana, 1+ cup of oats, orange juice, and soy milk.

So no DL's this week but awesome workout regardless. I think I need to take a day break b/w Day 2 and Day 3 of the week because so far, I've been hitting 3 days in a row of legs, chest, and back before taking a day off. Will probably be much more beneficial to take a day off after chest then come back and hit back so I'll have more time to recuperate my legs which is the main issue that's been holding me back on DL's. Also, I am usually never able to get a good night's sleep on Monday nights as I have to be up by 5 on Tues for early meetings so that always effects me at least 2-3 days down the line.

I'll go with this new approach and take a day off after Tues next week and see how it goes.
Old 05-10-2012, 12:52 AM   #417
TheRevolver
WE COMIN' FO YOU NIGGA

Default Photo Update

Relaxed:

Week 1 of my leannnn bulk , sitting around 220 in this pic, I'm 6'2.

I've been actually making an effort to clean up my diet so we'll see where I'm at in the coming few weeks.

Last edited by TheRevolver; 05-10-2012 at 11:39 PM.
Old 05-10-2012, 10:58 AM   #418
Gallows
In GGG we trust

What sort of method will you be using for a clean bulk? Just cutting down on extra crappy stuff in your diet and eating more clean foods? Or +calories on workout days and just meet maintenance on off days? Definitely starting to look bigger.
Gallows is offline   Share topic on Facebook!
Old 05-10-2012, 12:46 PM   #419
wafb
Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken

You should buy some stuff from http://www.aussiebum.com/ for your next pic update. And what's a lean bulk? You have the same development as Mr. Olympia Dorian Yates before he went all hardcore. Good stuff.

Valar Morghulis

Last edited by wafb; 05-10-2012 at 12:49 PM.
wafb is offline   Share topic on Facebook!
Old 05-10-2012, 01:05 PM   #420
TheRevolver
WE COMIN' FO YOU NIGGA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallows View Post
What sort of method will you be using for a clean bulk? Just cutting down on extra crappy stuff in your diet and eating more clean foods? Or +calories on workout days and just meet maintenance on off days? Definitely starting to look bigger.
Just cutting out as much crap as I can while staying sane, balanced meals but a lot cleaner overall in terms of sodium, simple carb, and fat intake.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wafb View Post
You should buy some stuff from http://www.aussiebum.com/ for your next pic update. And what's a lean bulk? You have the same development as Mr. Olympia Dorian Yates before he went all hardcore. Good stuff.
LOL, I had ordered some rugby style shorts a month ago but had to return them cause they were too small. Thanks for the site, I'll give it a look, and if my back ever looked like 94-97 Dorian's, I'd be a very man .