|06-03-2009, 04:17 PM||#1|
Rules, Scoring System and Overview.
Quick Overview of the rules:
- All events will be posted no later than two weeks before each scheduled event. If multiple events are scheduled around the same time then it will be decided ahead of time which events will be played. After the sign up thread is posted you will be able to sign up to play up until the night before weigh-ins.
- You must send your picks to whoever is running the event at the time, which will be determined by whoever sets up the event thread. All picks must be turned in 2 days before each scheduled event by 6pm (Est). If you turn your picks in after the deadline then you will receive a -10 point deduction in that event. If your picks are not in by 6pm (Est) the day of the weigh-ins they will not be accepted and you will receive a loss on your record. If you are on a winning streak it will be reset.
- Draws will not affect your win streak, but if you do not show up for the next event your win streak will be reset. You will be paired against the same person by default, but will be given a new opponent if your previous opponent doesn't sign up.
- Remember, it is YOUR responsibility to check the forum for event changes. It is also YOUR responsibility to turn your picks in on time.
- In order to pull out of a fight your signed up for without being awarded an automatic loss for it you'll need to PM vikingpride or screenamesuck before 6pm (Est) the day before weigh-ins informing them that you won't be competing in said event.
We do encourage players to call out other players, but the final fight card will be determined by whoever is running the event at the time. In most cases players on a winning streak will be matched with other players on a winning streak.
Gaining a Title Shot:
This is ultimately what you will all be aiming for! Title shots are normally determined by whoever has the best winning streak at the time. It also helps if players are active in the CPL and are very vocal. If someone has a 4 fight winning streak, but never participates vocally then we would be more inclined to give the title shot to someone with a 3 fight winning streak that actually in active in the forum.
Fight Scoring Breakdown:
Players will score points by predicting the Winner of the Fight, the Round and the Method
- 10 Points will be awarded for correctly predicting the Winner of the Fight.
- 6 Points will be awarded for correctly predicting the Round in which the fight ends.
- 6 Points will be earned for predicting the Method in which the fight was won.
- An additional 10 bonus points will be awarded for perfectly predicting the Winner, the Round and the Method in any single fight.
- If you fail to correctly predict the Winner of the bout, then you will not be able to score any points for then correctly predicting the Round or the Method.
- If you are to predict a fight to go to decision, you will now be expected to stipulate between a unanimous or split decision.
- Your points from each of the night’s fights will be combined as a total and compared to your opponents total to determine the winner of the bout.
In the event that a fight is canceled / declared a draw or a no-contest then the scoring from that fight in particular will be disregarded and will not count towards your total score for the card.
In the unlikely event that a winning fighter subsequently test positive for drugs and the result is overturned, then the scoring from the card will still stand. The scores will be counted as of the time of the fight.
Scoring Penalties / Deadline:
Picks must be turned in by 6pm (Est) 2 days before each event. You will be allowed to turn your picks in up until 6pm (Est) time the day of the weigh-ins, but will receive a -10 point deduction for being late. Failure to turn in your picks will result in you receiving a loss on your record.
Match ups can be changed at anytime due to participants not sending in picks. In the event there are an odd number of participants, one member will be paired up against Average Score and must have a score higher than the average score of all other participants totals.
If you are unsure of what order to send your picks in, please refer to ufc.com for the fight card. Your picks must be turned in the same order they are scheduled to happen during the actual event.
Send your picks in this EXACT format
Fighter, Method, Round
Penn, Decision, UD
Kongo, TKO/KO, 1
If a fight is not on their webpage for whatever reason, put it at the bottom of the list.
If you fail to send in your picks in the right order it is excusable at first. Rookies will make mistakes. You will be sent a PM to let you know next time what order your picks should be in. If you continue to send in your picks in the wrong order then action will be taken in the form of point deductions in future event.
If you are lucky enough to become Champion of the CPL then you are expected to defend the belt. The Champion is expected to show up at every event. If the Champion fails to show then he/she is stripped of the belt and will receive a loss on their record. A new championship match will be put in place to determine the new Champion.
Rules can be changed at anytime, so keep checking back. Announcements will be made after each change
Last edited by screenamesuck; 11-14-2010 at 11:36 PM.