|04-21-2009, 10:52 AM||#1|
The Ultimate Fighter (TUF)
The Ultimate Fighter is a reality television series and mixed martial arts (MMA) competition, originating from the United States, and produced by Spike TV and the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC). On this show, professional MMA fighters that have yet to make a big name for themselves are situated in a house outside of Las Vegas, Nevada and compete against each other for the title of The Ultimate Fighter, winning a six-figure, multi-fight contract with the UFC.
For the first four seasons, prospect UFC fighters were selected in two weight classes. The fighters are divided into two teams, irrespective of weight class, each team coached by a current UFC headliner. The teams then compete (in a manner which varies by season) to determine which team would have the right to pair one of their own fighters against an opponent of their choice in the same weight class to an MMA match, the loser being eliminated from competition. At the end of a season, the two remaining fighters of each weight class are placed in a single-elimination tournament, where the title of Ultimate Fighter is awarded to the winner. From season five to season seven, all fighters competed in the same weight class.
The show features the daily preparations each fighter makes to train for competition and the interactions they have with each other living under the same roof. Day-to-day events on the show are overseen by UFC president Dana White.
With the exception of the season finales, fights on The Ultimate Fighter are sanctioned by the Nevada Athletic Commission as exhibition matches and do not count for or against a fighter's professional record. This is done to keep the results from going public before the air date.
* The Ultimate Fighter: United States vs. United Kingdom (April 1, 2009 - June, 2009) - Welterweights and Lightweights
* The Ultimate Fighter: Team Nogueira vs. Team Mir (September 17, 2008 - December 13, 2008) - Light Heavyweights and Lightweights
* The Ultimate Fighter: Team Rampage vs. Team Forrest (April 2, 2008 - June 21 2008) - Middleweights
* The Ultimate Fighter: Team Hughes vs. Team Serra (September 19, 2007-December 8, 2007) - Welterweights
* The Ultimate Fighter 5 (April 5, 2007—June 23, 2007) - Lightweights
* The Ultimate Fighter 4: The Comeback (August 17, 2006—November 11, 2006) - Middleweights and Welterweights
* The Ultimate Fighter 3 (April 6, 2006—June 24, 2006) - Light Heavyweights and Middleweights
* The Ultimate Fighter 2 (August 22, 2005—November 5, 2005) - Heavyweights and Welterweights
* The Ultimate Fighter 1 (January 18, 2005—April 9, 2005) - Light Heavyweights and Middleweights
* Season 8: Efrain Escudero (Team Nogueira), Ryan Bader (Team Nogueira)
* Season 7: Amir Sadollah (Team Forrest)
* Season 6: Mac Danzig (Team Hughes)
* Season 5: Nathan Diaz (Team Pulver)
* Season 4: Matt Serra (Team Mojo), Travis Lutter (Team No Love)
* Season 3: Kendall Grove (Team Ortiz), Michael Bisping (Team Ortiz)
* Season 2: Joe Stevenson (Team Hughes), Rashad Evans (Team Franklin)
* Season 1: Diego Sanchez (Team Liddell), Forrest Griffin (Team Liddell)