www.fightlockdown.com

Go Back   FightLockdown.com MMA Forum > Mixed Martial Arts > UFC
Reload this Page Akiyama

UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world.

Old 02-26-2012, 03:12 AM   #1
Negative2
dollars in bank account

Default Akiyama

That might do it for him. So take this time to post and discuss some of those wicked throws and over all lean-cut physique. He looked pretty good tonight but fought the wrong kind of fight but he made a Jake Shields fight entertaining and for that, I salute him.

Negative2 is offline   Share topic on Facebook!
Old 02-26-2012, 03:20 AM   #2
Shamrock-Ortiz
[Lifetime Member]

Was annoyed Akiyama couldn't win tonight. I never pick Jake Shields because of how bad he is. Thought, if Akiyama can keep it on the feet, he can outstrike Shields, but somehow, he manages to lose the decision.

Honestly, I'm not happy with Akiyama about this.
Shamrock-Ortiz is offline   Share topic on Facebook!
Old 02-26-2012, 03:28 AM   #3
Negative2
dollars in bank account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamrock-Ortiz View Post
Was annoyed Akiyama couldn't win tonight. I never pick Jake Shields because of how bad he is. Thought, if Akiyama can keep it on the feet, he can outstrike Shields, but somehow, he manages to lose the decision.

Honestly, I'm not happy with Akiyama about this.
Yes, I agree. This is going to be annoying in the future to come when we get to hear from Rogan that Jake Shields out struck Yoshihiro Akiyama and is a serious contender to anyone that wants to stand and trade with him.

Negative2 is offline   Share topic on Facebook!
Old 02-26-2012, 03:30 AM   #4
screenamesuck
Wake Up The Voiceless

I couldn't really pay attention tonight because of a bad stream and the baby crying the whole time, but the parts I caught of the fight made me think Akiyama won. I didn't really see Shield do anything worth to deserve a win. Thats what sucks about MMA is everyone can score a fight based off of different things regardless of what they should score it on. All I saw Jake do was land jabs that my 6 month old could take. Failed on liek 90% of his takedowns and only briefly put Akiyama in a bad position like once. Akiyama landed the better shots in my opinion and had more takedowns of his own and they were much more dominant takedowns. I could have swore that takedowns that took the fighter completely off his feet were score higher.

Pushing the pace does come in handy in a lot of fights, but I don't feel like he landed anything worth mentioning to back up the pace. He tried his best Nick Diaz impression and it got him the win

Android Users

Click here to download the FightLockdown app in the Andoid Market for quicker access to FLD when you are away from your computer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moss from The IT Crowd
Ah, well. Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame, set at gas mark egg on your face.
screenamesuck is offline   Share topic on Facebook!
Old 02-26-2012, 03:39 AM   #5
bail3yz

Quote:
Thats what sucks about MMA is everyone can score a fight based off of different things regardless of what they should score it on.
This shouldnt be a problem if people actually used the proper scoring criteria instead of their opinions on what should be scored more

edit: im drunk, and i guess we are saying the same thing lol
bail3yz is online now   Share topic on Facebook!
Old 02-26-2012, 03:50 AM   #6
Brad.Taschuk
tazmma

Akiyama definitely didn't deserve to win. The only things he did were the sweet throws. He didn't even attempt to strike, and... yeah, generally did nothing other than defend Shields takedowns and get jabbed and kicked to the body repeatedly.

I think there's an art to dropping a man with a clean punch, and then kicking his head through the goalposts of life

tazmma

MJB '89-'11 - RIP
Brad.Taschuk is offline   Share topic on Facebook!
Old 02-26-2012, 04:44 AM   #7
plazzman
No PRϟDE No Life

Something about Jake Shields that makes his opponent look like utter garbage (save for Jake). And it's not like hes a contrasting fighter in how good he is. Dude is without a fucking doubt the worst striker I've ever seen, yet he still manages to win, and against good fighters. I just dont get it.

If Akiyama was smart enough, and fast enough Shields would be in a hearst right now

plazzman is offline   Share topic on Facebook!
Old 02-26-2012, 05:56 AM   #8
Thaispider
Learning and Evolving

akiyama's biggest problem is that he cant keep up any constant pressure, he fights in bursts and looks good, but you gotta push the action to get decisions.

MMA Record(9-2 8 subs)
BJJ Purple Belt,Grapple and Strike Welterweight Champion
Sponsored by www.tatamifightwear.com
Thaispider is offline   Share topic on Facebook!
Old 02-26-2012, 06:47 AM   #9
LizaG
[Lifetime Member]

Apart from his grappling I always found Shields to be bordering on ineffective, Akiyama chose the wrong way to fight Shields, but he still looked decent in the fight. It would not surprise me to see him cut, but also wouldn't surprise me if he was kept on for one for one more fight...

...I mean...look at the chances Cantwell was given!
LizaG is offline   Share topic on Facebook!
Old 02-26-2012, 11:05 AM   #10
screenamesuck
Wake Up The Voiceless

My biggest problem was I couldn't pay attention to the whole fight. Kept freezing and the baby just kept crying so I just listened to a majority of it and Rogan of course made it sound like akiyama was winning and looked amazing
screenamesuck is offline   Share topic on Facebook!