www.fightlockdown.com

Go Back   FightLockdown.com MMA Forum > Non-Mixed Martial Arts > The Lounge
Reload this Page ah this is taking the P*ss now

The Lounge Say what's on your mind, and talk anything Non-MMA, here!

Old 03-18-2009, 12:04 PM   #1
eric2004bc
Amateur

Default ah this is taking the P*ss now

I failed my driving test for the 3rd time

Apparently I was speeding in a 30 zone when i was only going 32 MPH and he said I almost cut someone up on a round about, despite the fact that on that round about you have to go left to turn right

when I was "speeding" he practically stood up to check my speed and then said "can you slow down please its a 30 zone, did you not see the sign" and then marked down a major on the sheet, so i said "you what, you can f*ck right off"

Argh I'm so annoyed

Last edited by MJB23; 03-18-2009 at 02:44 PM.
eric2004bc is offline   Share topic on Facebook!
Old 03-18-2009, 01:31 PM   #2
mls
Mr. 60/40

I have a feeling I would be in the same position as you if I was over there because I'm lucky if I stay at least 15 over the speed limit. For some reason vehicles I drive don't like to do the speed limit.

mls is offline   Share topic on Facebook!
Old 03-18-2009, 01:46 PM   #3
name goes here
Flyweight

Tests are a racket now - they fail you for the slightest thing - more money for them
Old 03-18-2009, 02:44 PM   #4
ShadyNismo
J.D.M.

Dam dude... u gotta start bribing the instructor.
ShadyNismo is offline   Share topic on Facebook!
Old 03-18-2009, 07:37 PM   #5
vikingpride
The Bet Is Over!

Quote:
Originally Posted by name goes here View Post
Tests are a racket now - they fail you for the slightest thing - more money for them
Exactly. It also matters alot which instructor you get. It's alot like refs and umpires in sports they all have diffrent views on rules or regulations.

Getting marked up for just going 2 over is dumb as hell. Providing of course you have the standard (non digital gauges) it's also very difficult to see the speedometer reading's from the passengers seat because the angle doesn't give you a true reading.

Most cops will allow you to go like 8mph over or something because i believe there radar gun have like a + or - 8mph error or something along those lines. (my buddies a cop)
vikingpride is offline   Share topic on Facebook!
Old 03-18-2009, 07:52 PM   #6
ToeZup
ToeZup.com

That stinks eric. There is always next time. They are looking for perfect, name goes here made a good point, more money for them. Everything from driving classes to medicine are ruthless businesses masked by society's acceptance.

Whoa, what just happened there? hahaha
Old 03-18-2009, 08:05 PM   #7
eric2004bc
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToeZup View Post
That stinks eric. There is always next time. They are looking for perfect, name goes here made a good point, more money for them. Everything from driving classes to medicine are ruthless businesses masked by society's acceptance.

Whoa, what just happened there? hahaha
lol i know i hear of so many rumors over here about driving examiners, like they have to fail a minimum amoutn of people a month otherwise the DSA thinks there being to leninant or passing people who shouldent have passed, and they need to make more money so they fail people,
now im actually starting to belive some of those
Old 03-18-2009, 08:16 PM   #8
southpaw447
EMPOWERED

How many hours do you put in behind the wheel before you take your test?

Because I know for mine, I put a solid 40 hours or so behind the wheel before I took my test.

The most difficult thing for me was paralell parking, and whats funny is, I have yet to apply that in real life driving and I've had my licence for 4 years.

Make sure your next test your relaxed and 110% focused on driving. Drving is a multitasked skill.
southpaw447 is offline   Share topic on Facebook!
Old 03-18-2009, 08:39 PM   #9
eric2004bc
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by southpaw447 View Post
How many hours do you put in behind the wheel before you take your test?

Because I know for mine, I put a solid 40 hours or so behind the wheel before I took my test.

The most difficult thing for me was paralell parking, and whats funny is, I have yet to apply that in real life driving and I've had my licence for 4 years.

Make sure your next test your relaxed and 110% focused on driving. Drving is a multitasked skill.
i have 1 hour lessons a week, and ive been having lessons sinc ei turned 17 and i turned 18 last week, so its atleast a solid 50 lessons all in all, its just nervs, on my lessons im nice and relaxed and i dont make mistake, but on my tests im just reli nervous, i actually dont think ive ever been more nervous for anything in my life, i dont know why that is thogh coz im not a nervous type of guy
Old 03-18-2009, 08:43 PM   #10
plazzman
No PRϟDE No Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLS View Post
I have a feeling I would be in the same position as you if I was over there because I'm lucky if I stay at least 15 over the speed limit. For some reason vehicles I drive don't like to do the speed limit.
Word. I can't remember the last time I drove the speed limit. I get really impatient doing the limit. I always have to do atleast 15-20 above it.

Especially on the highway, no less than 120
plazzman is offline   Share topic on Facebook!