www.fightlockdown.com

Go Back   FightLockdown.com MMA Forum > Non-Mixed Martial Arts > The Lounge
Reload this Page Official Movie Discussion Thread

The Lounge Say what's on your mind, and talk anything Non-MMA, here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2009, 05:38 PM   #1
Malky
It ainít white boy day.
 
Malky's Avatar
 
Default Official Movie Discussion Thread

Thought I'd make a thread for all movie discussions, reviews, news and banter.

I just watched Rec, which i thought was brilliant. I've been meaning to watch this for ages. Its a Spanish zombie film, filmed Cloverfield stylee as a news crew go to investigate a call with the fire brigade.

It is jumpy as hell it feels really claustrophobic and for a change in a movie there is no love story at all, something i have not encountered for a long time which was refreshing. I would give this film 5 out of 5 chainsaws. Rec is being remade by Hollywood and should be out later this year.

On Monday I'm going to see Gonzo the Life and Works of Hunter S Thompson something I'm very excited about since I'm a big fan of his.
__________________



Sig credit goes to Steph


]

Last edited by Malky; 03-18-2009 at 06:09 PM.
Malky is offline   Share topic on Facebook!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 05:43 PM   #2
DRAGON
Flyweight
 
DRAGON's Avatar
 
Default

Has anyone seen Watchmen?..I want to see it but I keep getting mixed reviews.
DRAGON is offline   Share topic on Facebook!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 05:51 PM   #3
Malky
It ainít white boy day.
 
Malky's Avatar
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGON View Post
Has anyone seen Watchmen?..I want to see it but I keep getting mixed reviews.
I thought it was really good and very well paced which was impressive considering its run time. It the action scenes are cracking, the acting is decent and I felt the graphic novel was represented as well as could be. Other than having My Chemical Romance ruin one of my favourite Bob Dylan songs at the end I have no complaints.
__________________



Sig credit goes to Steph


]
Malky is offline   Share topic on Facebook!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 05:57 PM   #4
Kyokushin
I like little boys
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGON View Post
Has anyone seen Watchmen?..I want to see it but I keep getting mixed reviews.
I'd like to get hold of the graphic novel first.
Kyokushin is offline   Share topic on Facebook!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 05:59 PM   #5
Malky
It ainít white boy day.
 
Malky's Avatar
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyokushin View Post
I'd like to get hold of the graphic novel first.
Definitely worth a read it is epic its everywhere these days too
__________________



Sig credit goes to Steph


]
Malky is offline   Share topic on Facebook!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 06:01 PM   #6
bail3yz
...........
 
Default

I watched Seven Pounds.. pretty good movie.. pretty sad/depressing tho

I'd recommend it.
bail3yz is offline   Share topic on Facebook!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 06:59 PM   #7
ShadyNismo
J.D.M.
 
ShadyNismo's Avatar
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGON View Post
Has anyone seen Watchmen?..I want to see it but I keep getting mixed reviews.
Watch it.
ShadyNismo is offline   Share topic on Facebook!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 07:06 PM   #8
vikingpride
The Bet Is Over!
 
vikingpride's Avatar
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malky View Post
I thought it was really good and very well paced which was impressive considering its run time. It the action scenes are cracking, the acting is decent and I felt the graphic novel was represented as well as could be. Other than having My Chemical Romance ruin one of my favourite Bob Dylan songs at the end I have no complaints.

ok first off NOT COOL AT ALL!!
To think they had a Bob Dylan song covered is bad enough, but to have it covered by My chemical Romance. Thats just wrong.

Anyways i just rented 3 movies and have watched 2 movies so far.

"Role Models"
Very funny movie. It;s good to see Paul Rudd is finally getting some respect as a comedic actor. The 10 year old with the mouth of a sailor steals alot of scenes though. I can't just can't over emphasis the hilarity of having a child telling grown men to go fuck themselves. would say more, but don't want to ruin the movie. Overall about an 8 out of 10

"Transporter 3"
overall a Solid movie. As long as you come in not expecting anything else then some ass kicking, some cool stunts, and some very over the top impossible scenes then you won't be disappointed. Not alot to say here really same idea as the first 2 with a slightly diffrent crazy scenario. Only thing i didn't like was the girl they had play opposite Statham. She was annoying and way to ginger-ish for my liking. She had nice eyes and a nice body (though it was too skinny for my personal taste). So yeah pretty much the standard cool action flick the only thing that it missed was the super hot chick. Anyways 5.5 out of 10. Would have given it a strong 6, but the chick really hurt the movie for me.

Plan on watching the other movie i rented later tonight (The punisher War Zone)
vikingpride is online now   Share topic on Facebook!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 07:22 PM   #9
eric2004bc
Amateur
 
eric2004bc's Avatar
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malky View Post
Thought I'd make a thread for all movie discussions, reviews, news and banter.

I just watched Rec, which i thought was brilliant. I've been meaning to watch this for ages. Its a Spanish zombie film, filmed Cloverfield stylee as a news crew go to investigate a call with the fire brigade.

It is jumpy as hell it feels really claustrophobic and for a change in a movie there is no love story at all, something i have not encountered for a long time which was refreshing. I would give this film 5 out of 5 chainsaws. Rec is being remade by Hollywood and should be out later this year.

On Monday I'm going to see Gonzo the Life and Works of Hunter S Thompson something I'm very excited about since I'm a big fan of his.

i havent seen rec, but ive seen quarintine, which is the remake version of it so i didnt have to read subtitles, but its the same story line and its a pretty good films, great idea for a film and its one of the only films ive watched latly thats actually managed to frighten me lol
__________________
[url=http://www.imagehosting.com/][img]http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/5409/rampagesigcopy.jpg[/img][/url]
eric2004bc is offline   Share topic on Facebook!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 07:55 PM   #10
vikingpride
The Bet Is Over!
 
vikingpride's Avatar
 
Default

O guys i forgot to mention Semmy Schilt made an appearance in transporter 3.

also another guy looked kind of like Cro-cop (I think he was Ukrainian)
vikingpride is online now   Share topic on Facebook!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Plazzman Designs
Dedicated to the memory of Matt Bishel (MJB23) 89-11'
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007 - 2008, PixelFX Studios
Fightlockdown.com 2009-2012Ad Management plugin by RedTyger

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007 - 2008, PixelFX Studios
Fightlockdown.com 2009-2012Ad Management plugin by RedTyger