www.fightlockdown.com

Go Back   FightLockdown.com MMA Forum > Mixed Martial Arts > MMA Multimedia and Photos
Reload this Page Sobotta vs Taylor fight video

MMA Multimedia and Photos Share images, videos, highlights and other MMA related multimedia here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2009, 04:54 PM   #11
bbjd7
Ben DeWalt
 
bbjd7's Avatar
 
Default

I'm not buying into Paul Taylor. His TDD looked improved against a gassed Sobotta.

Sobotta wasn't ready for this stage.

Taylor also has some of the most overrated stand up in MMA. It's only above average nothing more.
__________________


Frankie vs Gray @ UFC 125
SHOGUN vs Rashad @ UFC 129
Cain vs JDS @ TBD
other favorites - Hendricks, Dida, Millers, and Almeida
bbjd7 is offline   Share topic on Facebook!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 04:55 PM   #12
Aaron
This ain't Japan
 
Aaron's Avatar
 
Default

u think so? i think his striking is damn good.

especially when u consider how good his cardio is in the 3rd round....the guy looks so fresh.
__________________

Last edited by Aaron; 06-17-2009 at 04:56 PM.
Aaron is offline   Share topic on Facebook!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 04:57 PM   #13
Wise
Chocolate City
 
Wise's Avatar
 
Default

Yeah, its kind of dumb that they hand FOTN bonuses to the two guys on the card who really don't need that bonus and didn't have the actual FOTN. They have been giving that to a lot of dumb fights lately, Coleman/Shogun and Hughes/Serra comes to mind.
__________________
Wise is offline   Share topic on Facebook!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 04:59 PM   #14
bbjd7
Ben DeWalt
 
bbjd7's Avatar
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
u think so? i think his striking is damn good.

especially when u consider how good his cardio is in the 3rd round....the guy looks so fresh.
He gets hit a lot. And he hasn't been facing good strikers. Sobotta landed a good amount of punches and body kicks. Paul has a good pace but his striking isn't special.
__________________


Frankie vs Gray @ UFC 125
SHOGUN vs Rashad @ UFC 129
Cain vs JDS @ TBD
other favorites - Hendricks, Dida, Millers, and Almeida
bbjd7 is offline   Share topic on Facebook!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 05:01 PM   #15
Aaron
This ain't Japan
 
Aaron's Avatar
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbjd7 View Post
He gets hit a lot. And he hasn't been facing good strikers. Sobotta landed a good amount of punches and body kicks. Paul has a good pace but his striking isn't special.
marcus davis and chris lytle are good strikers

he flattened davis and the only reason he lost to lytle was b/c of the clinch punches he took
__________________

Last edited by Aaron; 06-17-2009 at 05:02 PM.
Aaron is offline   Share topic on Facebook!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 05:13 PM   #16
bbjd7
Ben DeWalt
 
bbjd7's Avatar
 
Default

No they aren't. Those two have very overrated stand up as well.
__________________


Frankie vs Gray @ UFC 125
SHOGUN vs Rashad @ UFC 129
Cain vs JDS @ TBD
other favorites - Hendricks, Dida, Millers, and Almeida
bbjd7 is offline   Share topic on Facebook!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 06:40 PM   #17
MilesHackett
Too. Much. Swag.
 
MilesHackett's Avatar
 
Default

I'm not sure what Ben's talking about, Paul Taylor has very good striking.

His head movement is great, he's got excellent speed, he has powerful kicks, and he never gets dropped. Yeah, he gets hit, but everyone does. He's never put in serious danger, which makes him a great striker.
__________________
Follow me on Twitter: @mhackettFLD
MilesHackett is offline   Share topic on Facebook!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 06:46 PM   #18
bbjd7
Ben DeWalt
 
bbjd7's Avatar
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilesHackett View Post
I'm not sure what Ben's talking about, Paul Taylor has very good striking.

His head movement is great, he's got excellent speed, he has powerful kicks, and he never gets dropped. Yeah, he gets hit, but everyone does. He's never put in serious danger, which makes him a great striker.
Look at the guys he's fought and look at the shots he's taken.

He dropped Davis with a Headkick which is nice but Davis is another overrated striker.

I'd like to see the fights where he is showing all these skills?

Not being put in serious danger striking doesn't make you a great striker if you haven't been facing good strikers.
__________________


Frankie vs Gray @ UFC 125
SHOGUN vs Rashad @ UFC 129
Cain vs JDS @ TBD
other favorites - Hendricks, Dida, Millers, and Almeida
bbjd7 is offline   Share topic on Facebook!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 06:55 PM   #19
MilesHackett
Too. Much. Swag.
 
MilesHackett's Avatar
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbjd7 View Post
Look at the guys he's fought and look at the shots he's taken.

He dropped Davis with a Headkick which is nice but Davis is another overrated striker.

I'd like to see the fights where he is showing all these skills?

Not being put in serious danger striking doesn't make you a great striker if you haven't been facing good strikers.
Marcus Davis is a good striker, as is Zelg Galesic who Paul Taylor TKO'd with a broken arm. Just looking at him from a technical stand-point he is a great striker. Hands are tight, chin is tucked, very good lateral movement, great head movement, unpredictable combinations.

I really don't see how he's not a good striker.
__________________
Follow me on Twitter: @mhackettFLD
MilesHackett is offline   Share topic on Facebook!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 07:00 PM   #20
bbjd7
Ben DeWalt
 
bbjd7's Avatar
 
Default

Marcus is ok but he also lost to Dan Hardy and Mike Swick standing.

Zelg Galesic isn't all that special either never has been.
__________________


Frankie vs Gray @ UFC 125
SHOGUN vs Rashad @ UFC 129
Cain vs JDS @ TBD
other favorites - Hendricks, Dida, Millers, and Almeida
bbjd7 is offline   Share topic on Facebook!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Plazzman Designs
Dedicated to the memory of Matt Bishel (MJB23) 89-11'
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007 - 2008, PixelFX Studios
Fightlockdown.com 2009-2012Ad Management plugin by RedTyger

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007 - 2008, PixelFX Studios
Fightlockdown.com 2009-2012Ad Management plugin by RedTyger